Black Chickpeas Healthy HIGH PROTEIN Breakfast Recipe - Vegan
Updated: Oct 9, 2022
Vegan Black Chickpeas Indian Breakfast Recipe - High Protein
One of my favorite recipes while growing up, my mom used to make it usually on Sundays as it was a quick yet delicious one.
It is healthy, delicious and really easy to prepare with a few ingredients.
Black Chickpeas is called Kala Chana in Hindi and is a used in many recipes. This is a quick recipe to prepare healthy Black Chickpeas or Kala Chana and is naturally Vegan.
Oil - 1 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th Teaspoon
Red Chili Powder - ½ Teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Black Chickpeas - dry - 250 Grams
After soaking - 530 Grams
Salt - 1 and half Teaspoon
Lime - 1
Onion - 1 Small
Tomato - half small
1) Soak the black chickpeas overnight, or atleast for 5-6 hours which is pretty standard for these kinds of beans.
Next day you will see the puffed beans black chickpeas. Boil the black chickpeas. You can use the canned ones as well.
2) Heat a pan, add oil. Then add Cumin seeds, once they start to crackle, add spices - Turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
3) Cook the spices over low heat for 2 mins, you will notice the oil will start to ooze out of the spices.
4) Add the Cooked black chickpeas and mix well with the spices. Cook over medium or high heat for 4-5 minutes
5) Switch off the heat and add lime juice. And that’s it, so quick and easy. Perfect for Busy mornings.
6) Finally garnish it using fresh finely chopped onion, some more lime juice and you can pretty much dress it up with your favorite salad. I am adding some finely chopped tomatoes.
Do try this delicious recipe at home and share it with your friends and family. Don't forget to watch the video too :)
I have an announcement for you guys, I am launching the Beta Version of my Online Cooking course and the registration is now OPEN!!!
New Vegan Online Cooking Course, Register Here also don't forget to grab the FREE VEGAN Recipe GUIDE HERE
PIN this recipe
You can also follow me on: