Sticky Garlic Tempeh - Vegan
Have you tried Tempeh Yet?
Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian food made from fermented soybeans.
If you are skeptical or scared about trying tempeh, this Indo Chinese Garlic Tempeh recipe will change your mind. It is one of the easiest recipes you can try at home with a few ingredients.
Tempeh - 200g
Soy Sauce - 2 tablespoon
Ketchup - 3 tablespoon
Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
Salt - optional or half teaspoon
Red chili flakes - Optional or half teaspoon
Agave - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Garlic - 6-7 cloves
Chili - 1
Chives or spring onion greens as needed
Sesame Seeds as needed
1) Slice the Tempeh in small cubes or thin slices as required
2) For the sauce, add soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, lime juice, agave, chili flakes and black pepper powder in a bowl, mix well.
3) Add the sliced tempeh into the sauce and coat well. Let this marinate for a minimum of 1 hour( tempeh absorbs the flavors really well, so the longer the better)
4) Heat a pan, add oil, then add garlic and chili. Let it cook over low heat for 2 minutes and then add the tempeh along with the sauce.
5) Stir fry for 4-5 minutes and then cook for another 5 minutes over low heat
6) Finally garnish using sesame seeds and chives or spring onion greens
You can enjoy the Garlic Tempeh as it is or serve it along with pasta or plain rice.
👉🏾Slice the Tempeh into thin slices, so it can absorb the flavors easily
👉🏾Keep the tempeh at room temperature for 1 hour so it can thaw- this will make the cooking process easy
New Vegan Online Cooking Course, Register Here also don't forget to grab the FREE VEGAN Recipe GUIDE HERE
PIN this recipe
You can also follow me on:
Recipe Video Coming Soon