Updated: Sep 11
This viral baked feta pasta is a simple recipe made by oven roasting a block of feta cheese with cherry tomatoes to create a salty and cheesy sauce. This dish started in Finland and it's allegedly the reason grocery stores in Finland ran out of feta cheese.
I used Violife's Vegan feta to make this Viral Tiktok recipe. After seeing the viral Baked Feta Pasta TikTok recipe, I knew I had to try the Vegan version of it.
Pasta of choice - 250 grams
Cherry tomatoes - 200 grams
Vegan Feta cheese - 200 grams
Extra virgin olive oil - 2-3 tablespoons
Salt- 2 teaspoons
Pepper- 2 teaspoons
Oregano- 1 teaspoon
Garlic cloves- 6
1) Add the cherry tomatoes to the baking tray, try to use the fresh cherry tomatoes, then season them by using 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, half teaspoon of salt, half teaspoon of pepper, 1/3rd teaspoon of oregano, 6 finely chopped garlic cloves.
Add the Vegan feta cheese at the centre of the Baking tray, I am using Violife’s feta cheese and it is sooo good
2) Adding some more olive oil, pepper, oregano, on the Vegan feta cheese
3) Bake this in a preheated oven for 30 mins over 200 C.
4) Meanwhile cook the pasta, boil water in a broad pan, once it comes to a rolling boil, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, half teaspoon of salt, add the pasta. You can use any type of pasta for this recipe.
After that check the progress of the pasta, if it breaks easily switch off the heat and separate it from the pasta water, you can always save the pasta water for the pasta sauce. Transfer the pasta to another bowl and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, half teaspoon of salt and mix
5) Once the vegan feta cheese and cherry tomatoes are baked, sprinkle the basil leaves and mash cherry tomatoes and mix it well with the cheese, it wil turn into an amazing sauce
6) Once everything is mixed well, add the cooked pasta to it, if by any chance the sauce is too thick, add some of the pasta water and it will be perfect
7) Add some more basil leaves, mix well & serve
It is an easy recipe you can make at home without much hassle :)
Do try this at home and share your feedback in the comment section
PIN this recipe
You can also follow me on: