Updated: Oct 9, 2022
This delicious appetizer is prepared by first coating the tofu in a crispy gluten free batter and then airfrying it with the BBQ sauce
These are so crispy from the outside and soft on the inside. Using an air fryer makes them so crunchy and crispy and the overall recipe process simple.
This is perfect snack for parties or game nights and it’s Gluten free too since we have used gluten free breadcrumbs and chickpeas flour.
Definitely one of my favorite Tofu recipes
Tofu - 500 Grams
Chickpeas Flour - 150 grams
Cornstarch - 2 tsps
Salt - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Water - 220 ml
Gluten free Breadcrumbs - 100 grams
Salt - half tsp
Pepper - half tsp
BBQ sauce - 50 grams
Ketchup - 30 grams
Hot sauce - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
- Take 500 grams of tofu, slice it into medium size pieces, you can slice them in any shape or size.
- To prepare the batter, take 150 grams of chickpeas flour, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper. Mix well. Then add approximately 220 ml of water. Add the water in small amounts gradually, we need the batter of pouring consistency.
- Try to break all the lumps.
- Next season the breadcrumbs, approximately 100 grams. Half teaspoon of salt & half teaspoon of pepper and mix well
- Add the tofu to the batter and then remove the excess amount of batter. Add the battered tofu to the breadcrumbs, and coat well.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the tofu pieces
Air fry the battered tofu over 190 C for 15 mins
For the sauce, add 50 grams of BBQ sauce, 30 grams of Ketchup & 2 tbsp of Hot sauce
- Mix everything well
- You can just use the BBQ sauce alone for the recipe
- Meanwhile the tofu is also ready & crispy
- Add the sauce to the tofu and coat it well
Airfry again over 190 C for 10 mins
Finally sprinkle some sesame seeds, chives and serve it along with some Vegan ranch
You can enjoy this as an appetizer or just pair it with some spicy noodles or rice.
Do try this at home and share your feedback in the comment section
I have an announcement for you guys, I am launching the Beta Version of my Online Cooking course and the registration is now OPEN!!!
PIN this recipe
You can also follow me on: